Email marketing is a great way to reach your target audience. In fact, it’s an outstanding way to communicate with the exact person you’re trying to reach in a very cost-effective way. Be it sending coupons to drive online and in-store sales, or informing your customers of relevant news and new products, or simply reinforcing your brand image, email marketing is a valuable tool that extends to your customers’ computers and mobile devices.
But there’s a catch: it must be engaging.
So how do you create engaging email marketing pieces that not only encourage people to open the email, but also take action? Here are a few tips to follow that can help you with your email efforts.
- Start with a creative concept. Is it emotionally compelling? Will it resonate with your target audience?
- Then, have a subject line that’s to the point, yet compelling. If it sounds like spam, it will not be opened.
- Personalize your message. Try inserting variable data such as the target’s name or mention things related to the town in which they live.
- Make sure the content is relevant to your audience so that they want or need to read it.
- Make it mobile friendly. Over half of cell phone users access their email from their smartphones.
- Create a compelling call to action. The goal of your email message should be to get the audience to click to get to a specific landing page you designate. Give them a good reason to make the click, like offering a coupon or inviting them to “learn more.”
- Send your emails at the right time on the right day. Use A/B testing and study your history of sent times vs. responses to help determine the optimal time to send your emails.
Remember, your customer gave you their email address because they want to stay engaged with your brand. As long as you keep feeding them relevant, timely content they can use, you’re email marketing efforts should be a success.